Friday, July 20, 2007

Udall Opposes Impeachment

We must admit that we are pleasantly surprised to discover that Mark Udall, who went off the deep end when he co-sponsored a bill to establish a Department of Peace, isn't on the impeachment bandwagon.

Here is a paragraph from a letter attributed to him.

I am not a lawyer, and cannot claim to be an expert on impeachment. However, based on what I know now, I am not persuaded that it would be appropriate for the House to consider impeaching either the President or Vice President. I opposed going to war in Iraq and disagree with many other policies of the Bush Administration, and will work to change those policies. But at this point I think those changes should come through the normal legislative and political processes, rather than through impeachment.

No comments: